A bit Man Tai @ Sushi Mentai, Pandan Jaya

6 Dec 2015 - I had heard of Sushi Mentai for quite some time, mostly some of them complained about the quality, how thin the salmon slices were given to the customers, and also the accessibility.

And now you can almost see their outlets in your neighbourhood area, it is because Sushi Mentai starts to operate its business concepts as franchise business.

After finishing my favourite Thong Kee coffeeshop, I drove past Sushi Mentai shop at Pandan Indah, same row with HomeTown Steamboat.

Alright, since it's near, I shall go and give a try.





See how many people enjoy Japanese food, despite the bad economy, as everyone said? This is full house plus long queue waiting outside. You will need to share tables with other guests, if you are hungry. If you come in a big group, and you want to eat together, you will have to wait for quite some time. Luckily, only me and baby, so 2 pax, I can get my seats easily.




Besides their hot selling RM 1.80 yellow plate and RM 2.80 red plate of sushi that make Sushi Mentai famous, you can also order other items from the menu. I have no idea how do they earn when we get to eat 2 pcs of Unagi sushi at RM 2.80!




Some of the sushi that I took from their conveyor belt sushi. salmon sushi is okay...the green seaweed sushi...erm.....





Hmm, this caught my attention, fried shrimps with beancurd skin and rice. it was nice, crispy fried things are always awesome, hehe....





This one was disappointing. I thought it was red tuna, turned out it is octopus sushi, so chewy, and I think I am eating rubber band. Anyway, even if I know it is octopus sushi, it doesn;t blend well with mayonnaise/ cheese on top.






As sushi rice is always considered as a small portion instead of one bowl of white rice. I did tried 8-9 plates of sushi. Had enough of sushi, I try SALMON WRAP because there is no rice in it. This is definitely inspired by the Vietnam roll, where they use the transparent popiah roll, mix with salmon, carrot, cucumber, and mayo on top. Erm.....probably the whole Vietnam roll thing doesn't work well with raw salmon in it.


If you were bringing a baby along, my baby took chawan mushi and cooked fish like unagi and rice. Others like fried crab meat and with the rice are not so ideal for babies or kids.

and I can't recall I had eaten so much rice in my life before.


Sushi Mentai would be a place where you are looking for budget Japanese food, I bought 14 sushi plates, including take-away, and some of the main course...total is RM 50 only.

For sushi competitors, especially those that target the mass audience, would be wondering how Sushi Mentai survive....

However, I have friends complaint about other outlets of Sushi Mentai. It's hard to control the quality when your business grows using franchise concept. For me, as long as the whole outlet is not full of foreign workers, and I don't spit out your food the moment I eat it, then it is okay.


Website: http://sushi-mentai.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sushimentaimalaysia/
Address: 9-G, Jalan Perubatan 2, Jalan Perubatan 2, Pandan Indah, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Other outlets: http://sushi-mentai.com/our-restaurants/
Operating Hours: 12:00 – 10:00 PM


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CANAI HE&ME Malaysia product review

RESTORAN CHAN HAINAM KOPITIAM 赞记海南冰 yulek cheras - petai char keoy teow, hainam coffee

少康跌打医草局 中医师 Tabib Cina Siew Hong, chow Tit tar - Chinese medicine practitioner